|30 K-1.5 L INR annual|
|KIITEE, OJEE, IPU CET ...|
MCA (Master of Computer Applications) Course Overview
Masters of Computer Application or MCA deals with the facets of computer programming, application software, operating system, etc. MCA is a two-year duration course for BCA graduates and a three-year course for graduates from other streams.
To pursue a BCA course, candidates have to complete their graduation in BCA or equivalent with an aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised institution. Some of the entrance exams include NIMCET, Mah MCA CET, TANCET, IPU CET, etc. MCA courses can be pursued online, and offline as well as through distance education. The duration of the distance courses can range from 2 to 5 years whereas the online courses can range from 6 months to 4 years.
The MCA course is helpful for candidates who are interested in becoming software programmers, system analysts, programmers, systems engineers, etc. Some of the top institutes that offer admissions to candidates in MCA courses are VIT, NIT Trichy, JMI, Calcutta University, Christ University Bangalore, Bangalore, etc. The average MCA course fee ranges from Rs 30,000 to Rs 2 LPA.
MCA Course Highlights
|Course Name||Masters of Computer Application orMCA|
|Duration of the course|
|Top Institutes||NIT Trichy, university of Calcutta, VIT Vellore, University of Hyderabad, etc|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates will have to graduate from BCA or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks or equivalent|
|Mode of admission||Merit-based entrance examination|
|Average fee||Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 200,000|
|Job Profiles||Software Developers, Programmers, System Engineers, and System Analysts|
Why Choose MCA Course?
Since the evolution and modernization, new technologies have been evolving making it computerized in the whole job platform. The advantages of studying Master of Computer Applications (MCA) are stated as follows:
- The MCA jobs are increasing at a rate of 8% every year with an estimation of 2,05,000 job opportunities every year.
- The job opportunities, as well as the job roles, are diverse in the MCA field.
- The minimum salary received by an MCA qualification candidate is Rs. 5 lakh per annum (approx).
- The top recruiting companies that choose Master of Computer Applications candidates include Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc where the minimum salary expected can be Rs. 13 Lakhs per annum.
List of Popular MCA Course Specialisations
The list of MCA specializations includes Application Software, Hardware Technology, etc. The pointers below show the MCA specializations that are popular in India.
Master of Computer Applications Specialisations:
- Application Software
- Hardware Technology
- Systems Management
- Systems Engineering
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Software Development
Eligibility Criteria for MCA Course
- Candidates must have a graduate degree in computer science or computer applications with an aggregate mark of 50% or equivalent from a well-recognized university which has to be AICTE approved or UGC approved or equivalent.
- Candidates must have mathematics in class 12 as one of the subjects.
Types of MCA Courses
There are three basic types of Maters in computer applications (MCA) available in India, which include distance mode, offline mode, and online mode.
- MCA Offline Course- The MCA Offline course is the most preferred course by the aspirants. The duration of the MCA course is two years food the BCA graduates and three years for the other backgrounds. The average MCA fee ranges from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 5,00,000 Lakhs. The majority of the institutes offer MCA offline courses. The top colleges offering admissions include NIT Trichy, Tiruchirapalli, Calcutta University, Kolkata, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, etc.
- MCA Distance education- The duration of the MCA course distance education is 2 to 5 years. The eligibility criteria for admission in MCA distance education is the candidate should have a graduate degree. Admission to MCA is done on the basis of merit and entrance exams. The average MCA fee is Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1,50,000. The top colleges offering MCA course distance education are IGNOU, Annamalai University, University Of Mumbai, institute Of Distance & Learning - [IDOL], Mumbai
- MCA online course- MCA online course duration is 6 months to 4 years. Admission to MCA is done on the basis of merit. The eligibility criteria for admission in MCA distance education is the candidate should have a graduate degree. The average MCA online fee is Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 1,50,000. The universities that offer MCA online courses are the University Of Mysore, Amity University, Tamil Nadu Open University, etc.
Difference between MCA, MSc, and MTech in Computer Science
The table below shows the basic differences between different parameters in Masters in Computer Application, MSc Computer Science, and Mtech Computer Science which are quite often confused when candidates are on the verge of choosing the courses for themselves.
Masters in Computer Application
MSc Computer Science
Mtech Computer Science
This is a Course of extensive knowledge about computer applications. Students acquiring MCA will be efficient in software, hardware, and networking with the data structures and mathematics, and IT.
This course focus on core competence in various aspects of computer science. Students are given knowledge about computer science, data science, data analytics, artificial intelligence, etc.
The main purpose of this course is to provide knowledge in a specialized degree that provides skills and in dept knowledge that is required to be successful in fields like computer science and IT.
Masters of Computer Application
Masters of Science
Masters of Technology
BCA or equivalent field
BSc in computer science or equivalent field
BTech in computer science or equivalent
Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 5,00,000
Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 3,00,000
Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 8,00,000
Rs. 2,50,000 to Rs. 5,00,000
Rs. 3,50,000 to Rs. 6,00,000
Rs. 3,50,000 to Rs. 8,00,000
How to Get Admission in MCA Course?
The admissions to the MCA course are done through two procedures, either by the entrance exams or merit basis, and by the source of management quota. Entrance exams at the state level include IPU CET, MHT CET, etc. let us discuss the procedures of these two methods of admission.
- MCA entrance examination: In order to attain admission through entrance examinations, candidates will have to score the desired amount of scores by the institute. After cracking the cut off scores of the institutes, candidates are called upon for counseling procedures where they are given o select the college of their choice and merit. After the seat allotment is done, candidates will have to visit the college's campus and complete the other procedures of admission. Institutions that offer admissions through entrance exams are Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, Greater Noida Institute of Technology, MDU, etc.
- MCA direct admission: The process of direct exam implies admission on the basis of the marks acquired in the graduation exam. On the other hand, there are universities that offer admissions to candidates on the basis of management quota. Candidates who take admission on the basis of management have to pay a fee greater than that of the other candidates. Institutions that offer admissions through management quota are Chandigarh University, Amity University, and Lovely Professional University (LPU).
Entrance Exams For Admission in MCA Course
There are various entrance exams that help in the admissions to MCA all over India. These MCA entrance exams include IPU CET, UPSEE, NIMCET, TANCET, VIT MEE, and MAH MCA CET. The mode of these MCA entrance exams is conducted offline as well as online mode.
MCA Entrance Exams:
March 4, 2022 - April 30, 2022
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU)
April, 2022 - May, 2022
Online & Offline
National Institute Of Technology, Raipur
February 2022 - March 2022
Pen & Paper
February 2022 - March, 2022
Pen & Paper
March 1, 2022 - May 20, 2022
June 4 and June 5, 2022
MAH MCA CET
State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra
Computer based test
Top Colleges in India Offering MCA Courses
MCA is popular in India due to its growing demand in the IT industry. Some of the best institutes that provide quality education to the candidates are JNU, New Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, Anna University, Chennai, NIT Trichy, Tiruchirapalli, and many more. The average MCA fee of these colleges ranges from Rs. 1500 to Rs. 5 lakhs per annum.
The table below shows the colleges in India, along with the average MCA fee.
Top MCA Colleges in India:
MCA College Names
Average MCA Fee
JNU, New Delhi course fee
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi course fee
Anna University, Chennai course fee
VIT, Indore course fee
Bharathiar University, Coimbatore course fee
University Of Hyderabad, Hyderabad course fee
NIT Trichy, Tiruchirapalli course fee
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune course fee
Calcutta University, Kolkata course fee
Manipal Academy Of Higher Education, Manipal course fee
Study MCA Course Abroad
Studying MCA abroad is often the choice of the aspirants due to the better infrastructure facility, placement drives, as well as research facilities. There are many other courses abroad that render similar degrees in comparison to MCA. candidates have to know the eligibility criteria before applying for MCA in abroad colleges.
Below are the eligibility criteria for admissions into foreign MCA colleges.
- Candidates have to pass their graduation from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Candidates will have to pass English proficiency exams such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Fundings have to be done through various scholarship programs since the cost of MCA in foreign countries is very expensive.
Top Colleges in Abroad For MCA Courses
Master of Computer Applications course is popular in countries like Canada, USA, UK, and Australia. There are various MCA colleges abroad that offer quality education to the candidates are the University Of Toronto, University Of Alberta, University Of Waterloo, University Of British Columbia, Massachusetts Institute Of Technology, California State University Los Angeles Campus, University Of Queensland, University Of Melbourne and many more.
For admissions to MCA colleges in abroad, a few things have to note:
- The duration of the MCA courses is 1 to 2 years and sometimes it is 1.5 years for Australia.
- Candidates should have passed their graduation under computer science or any relevant stream
- There are several colleges that ask for different cut offs. The minimum cut off marks of these colleges are 83 to 89% or a GPA of 3.0
- Candidates will have to submit the scores of the GRE or GMAT exam.
- The overall marks required for admission is 7 for IELTS or 80 % in TOEFL
- The average MCA fee ranges from Rs. 25 Lakhs to Rs. 50 Lakhs for the USA, Rs. 10 Lakhs to Rs. 23 Lakhs for UK, Rs. 20 Lakh to Rs. 35 Lakh for Australia, Rs. 15 to Rs. 25 Lakhs in Canada.
The table below shows the top MCA colleges in various countries along with their average MCA fee.
Master of Computer Applications Colleges abroad:
Name of the College
Country or origin
Average MCA Fee
University of Toronto course fee
Rs 23.5 Lakhs
University of Alberta course fee
Rs 15.7 Lakhs
University of Waterloo course fee
Rs 28.2 Lakhs
University of British Columbia course fee
Rs 16.6 Lakhs
McGill University course fee
Rs 17.4 Lakhs
See AlsoWhen ITC for a purchase from a risky supplier has already been reversed, IGST refund claims cannot be denied - Faceless Compliance30 Most Lucrative Skills You Can Learn Online - Online Course ReportHP-Drucker unter Ubuntu 20.04 LTS › Drucken, Scannen, Faxen › Ubuntu verwenden › Forum › ubuntuusers.dePC gamer: ¿Cuál es el mejor del 2022? - SINCABLE
Stanford University course fee
Rs 45.5 Lakhs
New York University course fee
Rs 38.5 Lakhs
University of Texas at Dallas course fee
Rs 38.2 Lakhs
Massachusetts Institute of Technology course fee
Rs 55.2 Lakhs
California State University Los Angeles Campus course fee
Rs 16.3 Lakhs
University of Sunderland course fee
Rs 19.3 Lakhs
University of Greenwich course fee
Rs 21.3 Lakhs
University of East London course fee
Rs 22.2 Lakhs
University of Oxford course fee
Rs 37.3 Lakhs
Teesside University course fee
Rs 10.9 Lakhs
RMIT University course fee
Rs 21.8 Lakhs
University of Queensland course fee
Rs 25.5 Lakhs
University of Melbourne course fee
Rs 38 Lakhs
University of Adelaide course fee
Rs 34.5 Lakhs
University of Sydney course fee
Rs 49 Lakhs
Top MCA Colleges by City
There are a lot of cities providing MCA all over the country in various cities. The top cities that provide the best of the course include Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, and Hyderabad. Some of the top colleges in Kolkata are Narula Institute Of Technology, BP Poddar Institute Of Management & Technology, Jadavpur University, AIMS Institutes, Administrative Management College, Global Institute Of Management Sciences, Presidency University, Dr. DY Patil Institute Of Management & Research, MIT School Of Management, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Presidency School Of Management and Computer Science, Aurora’s Technological and Research Institute, etc.
The tables below show the top MCA colleges in Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, and Hyderabad.
Top MCA Colleges in Kolkata:
MCA College Names
Average MCA Fee
Narula Institute Of Technology course fee
University Of Calcutta course fee
Techno India University course fee
BP Poddar Institute Of Management & Technology course fee
Future Institute Of Engineering and Management course fee
Heritage Institute Of Technology course fee
Pailan College Of Management and Technology course fee
Jadavpur University course fee
Annex College course fee
Top MCA College in Bangalore:
MCA College Names
Average MCA Fee
Jain University course fee
Presidency University course fee
Global Institute Of Management Sciences course fee
AJ Aviation Academy course fee
Kristu Jayanti College course fee
AIMS Institutes course fee
Christ University course fee
Administrative Management College course fee
Sambhram Academy Of Management Studies course fee
Mount Carmel College course fee
Top Master of Computer Applications Colleges in Pune:
MCA College Names
Average MCA Fee
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapith course fee
Dr. DY Patil Institute Of Management & Research course fee
Progressive Education Society’s Modern College Of Engineering course fee
Jayawant Institute Of Management Studies course fee
ASM Group Of Institutes course fee
Allana Institute Of Management and Sciences course fee
Dr. DY Patil Arts, Science, and Commerce Pimpri course fee
Singhabad Business School course fee
Ness Wadia College Of Commerce course fee
MIT School Of Management course fee
Top Colleges in Hyderabad for Master of Computer Applications:
MCA College Names
Average MCA Fee
Osmania University course fee
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute Of Technology course fee
A.V. College Of Arts Science and Commerce course fee
Aurora’s Technological and Research Institute course fee
Nizam College course fee
St. Ann’s College for Women course fee
Deccan College Of Engineering and Technology course fee
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University course fee
University Of Hyderabad course fee
Presidency School Of Management and Computer Science course fee
What is the course fee of MCA?
The distinction of MCA fee has been done on the basis of experience- freshers, experience with 1 to 3 years, and experience with 5 years and above.
Average Salary Of MCA Graduates:
MCA Salary per month
Rs. 18,000 - Rs. 30,000
1 to 3 years experience
Rs. 25,000 - Rs. 42,000
5 years and above experience
Rs. 50,000 - Rs. 1,30,000
Required Skills Set for MCA
To become a successful and efficient MCA, one must be very efficient in the communication skill and behavioral skills. Other skills include a positive attitude toward themselves, confidence, and technical skills. The pointers below show the required skill set to become an MCA.
- Good communication skills
- Behavioural skills
- Positive attitude
- Efficiency in programming languages like Java, C, C++, net, etc.
- Knowledge of data structures and data base
- Good programming skills with a healthy experience in the field
- Technical skills
- Awareness of the latest technology trends
MCA Course Syllabus
The MCA course is a 2-year course. When it is pursued as a BTech domain, the duration extends to 3 years. The MCA syllabus consists of all the chapters in various semesters presented in a tabular form.
MCA Syllabus for the first year
Introduction in IT
Info Systems Analysis Design 7 Implementations
Computer organization & Architecture
Introduction to Management Functions
Unix & Windows Lab
Business Programme Lab
Oral and Wireless Communications
Programming & Data Structure
Accounting and Management Control
Probability & Combinations
MCA Syllabus for second year
Computer Communications Network
Software Engineering 1
Management Support System
Object Oriented Design & Analysis
CASE Tools LAB
Statistical Computing Lab
MCA Syllabus for third year
Soft Engineering 2
Optimisation Techniques Lab
Industrial Lectures Seminar, Project
AI & Application Lab
MCA Scope in India
There are plenty of opportunities for the Master of Computer Applications graduates after the course concludes. Top companies like Accenture, Cap Gemini., Cognizant, Amazon, Robotics and Scalability Technology, HCL, etc. The diversity of the course yields candidates after the conclusion of the MCA course in India, a highest average salary of Rs. 2 Lakhs Per Annum to Rs. 10 Lakhs Per Annum. The job profiles include Technical Writer; A technical writer is similar to a content writer that writes about core technical stuff. Such professionals are in high demand for the technical blogs and product descriptions to be written about.
Other job roles in demand are Web Developers, Mobile App Developers, Hardware Engineer, Network Administrator, Systems Analyst, Software Developer, System Administrator, etc. The table below shows the most demanded job profiles along with the type of work done and the average MCA salary received by the candidates in the respective fields.
MCA Job and salary as paper the records of 2021 and 2022:
Average MCA Salary
A web developer designs the look, layout, and various features of a website. Such professionals need to have a good understanding of graphic design as well as computer programming.
Rs 2,81,000 Lakhs Per Annum
Mobile App Developers
They are mainly responsible for developing mobile apps as per the customer’s needs.
Rs 4,41,000 Lakhs Per Annum
The responsibility of a hardware engineer is to look after the hardware configuration of a computer.
Rs 3,78,000 Lakhs Per Annum
A technical writer is similar to a content writer that writes about core technical stuff. Such professionals are in high demand for the technical blogs and product descriptions to be written about.
Rs 4,93,000 Lakhs Per Annum
Network admin is responsible for fully supporting, configuring, and maintaining networks and in house servers.
Rs 3,67,000 Lakhs Per Annum
The responsibilities of a software developer are primarily to design, install, test, and maintain the software in a firm.
Rs 4,85,000 Lakhs Per Annum
The work of a system analyst is to analyze what software or hardware is needed by the firm. Their job role extends beyond just software or hardware to the wider IT systems.
Rs 6,54,000 Lakhs Per Annum
System administrators are usually responsible for installing, supporting, and maintaining servers or other computer systems. Other duties include scripting or light programming, project management, etc.
Rs 3,04,000 Lakhs Per Annum
Salary Offered After MCA Course
After the conclusion of the MCA course, the minimum average MCA salary received by the candidates is above Rs. 3 Lakhs per annum. The top recruiters who hire officials from MCA courses are Robotics and Scalability Technology, HCL, Accenture, Ericson, IBM, Hi-Tech Solutions, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, etc.
The table below highlights the top recruiters of MCA candidates along with the average MCA salary offered.
MCA graduates Salary:
Average MCA Salary Package Offered
INR 3 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 3.8 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 3.4 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 4.50 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 5.40 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 3.60 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 5 Lakhs Per Annum
Robotics and Scalability Technology
INR 6 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 6 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 3.90 Lakhs Per Annum
INR 6.70 Lakhs Per Annum
Career Opportunities After Master of Computer Applications Course
Carrer and job opportunities after completing MCA are vast. Candidates have job opportunities in fields like application development, business analysis, system analyst, ethical hacking, technical writers, and many more recruited by top companies like Naukri.com, IBM, SAP, 99acres.com, cognizant, Jeevansathi.com, Texas Instruments, etc.
Career Options and Job Prospects after MCA
After completing the course, MCA aspirants can get a job in various companies in different roles across all the industries for a great start. Some of the job roles which MCA graduates can be offered are as follows:-
- App Developer - They manage the development, design, and management of mobile applications for platforms like iOS, windows, android, etc.
- Business Analyst - Business analysts are responsible for the analysis of business opportunities, strengths, weaknesses, and strengths and operate a business efficiently.
- Database Engineers - They are hired to design and monitor complex database systems, take control of the operations, etc.
- Ethical Hacker - Their responsibility is to hijack a network or a computer system on behalf of their owner to discover and protect the specific system vulnerabilities which could be hacked by a malicious hacker.
- Hardware Engineer - Hardware engineers produce hardware equipment, and install and test systems to ensure the proper functioning of the internet.
- Technical Writers - Their job is to note down the documents which explain product descriptions, product manuals, guides, and design specifications.
- Social Media Handler - Social media handlers manage the social media accounts of the owner to maintain and increase their popularity among people and also handle social media accounts to promote the products.
- Web Developer - Web developers are mainly responsible for constructing websites using their creative minds and well-versed software skills. They design and develop world wide web applications, photoshop, HTML, etc.
- Manual Tester - Manual testers are required to play the role of an end user who makes use of almost all the features of the application to ensure behaving accurately. They also physically test the software to make it run smoothly.
- Trouble-shooters - Troubleshooters are experts who ensure the smooth and simultaneous working of both hardware and software come in handy to those who need it. In case of any issue, they will solve it and deliver the software and hardware on time.
Top Companies Hiring MCA Graduates:
FAQs about Master of Computer Applications
Is MCA a good career option to opt for after completing BCA?
Yes, MCA is a good option to pursue after completing the BCA course. Choosing MCA will be wiser to choose for 2022 because after the completion of the course the candidates will be hired in the IT industry which is expected to grow by 3% by the end of 2022.
What is the duration of the MCA course?
The duration of the MCA course is three years for the candidate belonging to different relevant streams. For BCA students, the duration is two years.
Is IPU CET compulsory for MCA?
No, IPU CET is not compulsory for applying for MCA. there are various other entrance exams which include IPU CET, UPSEE, NIMCET, TANCET, VIT MEE, and MAH MCA CET, etc.
What are the job profiles of the various MCA candidates?
The various job profiles that can be opted by the MCA candidates have been mentioned as App Developer, Database Engineer, Ethical Hacker, Technical Writers, Social Media Handle, Manual Tester, Business Analyst, Hardware Engineer, Web Developer or Designer, Trouble-shooter, etc.
What are the top companies hiring MCA candidates?
Some of the top companies that hire MCA candidates include: Microsoft, GAIL, Texas Instruments, ORACLE, BHEL, etc.
What is the qualification or the eligibility criteria required to get admission into MCA?
The MCA eligibility criteria or the qualifications required to take admissions in MCA include:
- Candidates must have a graduate degree in computer science or computer applications with an aggregate mark of 50% or equivalent from a well recognized university
- The university has to be AICTE approved or UGC approved or equivalent.
- Candidates must have mathematics in class 12 as one of the subjects
What is the full form of MCA?
The abbreviation MCA stands for Master of computer applications.
What is MCA?
Master of computer applications or MCA is a two year course that deals with various perspectives of computer programming, computer architecture, application software, operating system, system analysis, system development, etc.
Is it necessary to appear in an entrance exam to get admission into the MCA programme?
No, there are several reputed universities or institutions in India that offers direct admission into the MCA programme provided you match their eligibility conditions.
Can I do an MCA and MBA simultaneously?
Yes, you can pursue an MBA and MCA degree study simultaneously. However, you will have to pursue MBA in distance and MCA in regular mode.
Can I get a job in Google with an MCA degree?
Sure you can get a job with Google with an MCA degree provided you are very strong at your subjects as you will be competing with the M.Tech students over there.
Should I go for MBA or MCA after completing my graduation?
If you want to hone your administration skills then you should go for an MBA degree and if you want to sharpen or polish your technical skills, then MCA is the best option for you.
Which Government sectors’ doors are open for MCA graduates?
MCA graduates can easily get picked by government organisations like ONGC, IOCL, BHEL, NTPC, GAIL, DVC etc.
How much does an MCA graduate gets paid in the job market?
An MCA graduate is offered around INR 3 LPA and 5 LPA on an average basis during the initial days of his/her career.
Is NIMCET only conducted for MCA admissions in the NITs?
Yes, NIMCET is conducted for MCA admission only in one of the participating NITs.
Which IIT is the best to pursue MCA from?
IITs do not offer an MCA course.
Has the MCA Lateral Entry scheme been scrapped by the officials?
Yes, as MCA is a 2-year programme now so the lateral entry scheme for admission into the 2nd year of the MCA programme has been scrapped altogether.
Why the MCA programme has been reduced to a 2 years?
The MCA programme has been reduced to a 2-year programme from the earlier existing 3-year programme so that the classrooms and faculty can be utilized for newer programmes.
Top Information Technology Colleges
National Institute of Technology Trichy , Tiruchirappalli
National Institute of Technology , Warangal
Jawaharlal Nehru University , New Delhi
National Institute of Technology , Mangalore
GITAM (Deemed To Be University) , Hyderabad
UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD , Hyderabad
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology , Allahabad
National Institute of Technology , Calicut
G.L.S. Institute Of Computer Application , Ahmedabad
Xaviers Institute of Computer Application , Ahmedabad
Want to know more about
Master of Computer Applications?
- M.Tech in Information Technology
- MSc in Cyber Security
Questions Related to MCA Course
i scored 55.826 (percentile score) in TANCET 2020 which college can i get the seat for MCA?
-DineshUpdated on December 07, 2021 12:53 PM
Diksha Sharma, Student / Alumni
With55.826 percentile scorein TANCET 2020, you can take admission to MCA at the following colleges: …
Has the TANCET 2021 MCA exam mark list been released?
-KavyapriyaUpdated on May 05, 2021 04:17 PM
Abhik Das, Student / Alumni
Dear student, Anna University Chennai had released the TANCET 2021 MCA exam mark list on 08th April. Candidates could download …
Do we have to give any entrance exam for admission in VIT (VELLORE) for MCA admission or we can get through direct admission?
-Aman Preet Singh GulatiUpdated on January 20, 2021 02:39 PM
Diksha Sharma, Student / Alumni
There is no entrance examination for admission to the MCA program at Vellore Institute of Technology. The …
Still have questions about Master of Computer Applications
Typical response between 24-48 hours
Get personalized response
Free of Cost
Access to community
Eligibility Criteria for MCA
According to AICTE, to pursue an MCA course candidates must have pursued BCA/ BSc/ BCom/ BA degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or at graduation.
MCA offers very good avenues for the graduates who want to pursue a career in software field, but do remember that there are many colleges and universities which require the students to have completed BCA compulsorily in graduation.What is full MCA? ›
What is the Full Form of MCA? The full form of MCA is Master of Computer Application. The objective of MCA is to develop information and technology professionals. The MCA degree provides both theoretical as well as practical knowledge.Is MCA is easy? ›
MCA is Master of Computer Applications. There will be many subjects related to Computer Applications. Without any Computer Application subject it might be difficult for you to deal with it without basics of of Computer Applications.What is MCA salary? ›
Average Salary of MCA in India: Fresher & Experienced
The salary of an MCA graduate in India is around Rs 7.96 Lakh per annum. (Source: Payscale) Candidates who have just joined the profession after completing their MCA draw around Rs 3 Lakh per annum.
|Job Profile||Lowest Salary||Highest Salary|
|System Administrator||INR 2.67 LPA||INR 4.41 LPA|
|Database Administrator||INR 2.96 LPA||INR 12.46 LPA|
|Hardware Engineer||INR 2.92 LPA||INR 9.82 LPA|
|Technical Writer||INR 2.55 LPA||INR 12.53 LPA|